The best cheesecake you will never eat.

Once a year, on my dad's birthday, my mom makes her special cheesecake. It's THE cheesecake, as in THE best cheesecake I have ever had in my life. Honestly, I'm not a huge huge fan of cheesecake, but I have had dreams about this stuff. (I shouldn't have admitted that.) The first time Tim celebrated my dad's birthday with us, he told me he really didn't like cheesecake. I had this urge to fall to my knees and beg him to try my mom's, I was that confident he would be converted after that glorious first bite. To my despair, he was not converted after the first bite, but this year... Oh, this year he said it tasted amazing. And it was amazing. Quite the experience, indeed.

P.S. Don't even ask for the recipe. My mom says she will take it to her grave, which means I will do anything to keep her alive.

P.P.S. Don't ask for me to mail you a slice. Only three outsiders (besides the six in our family) have had a bite of THE cheesecake, so unless you donate a liver or marry one of my sisters, it's not happening.

0 comments: