Bee-eff-effs.

Last Tuesday I hung out with Bethany and Mimi. I didn't know what to expect going into it because I hadn't hung out with Mimi in a small group before, and it had been a very long time since I hung out with Bethany. I knew that we were going to work on projects, so I automatically knew it would be fun.

After hanging out with them, I feel like I realized something about myself. When I was younger, around 10 or 11 years old, I prayed every night for a best friend. I remember even writing prayers out in my journal asking God for a friend that would share my faith and would lift me up. I think I had this picture in my mind of a best friend and I was so set in it that I didn't even stop to think about any variation of it. I realized after hanging out with them that a best friend isn't necessarily exactly what I thought. I envisioned a friend who I would tell everything to, someone I would share sleepovers with, and someone who I would not miss a day seeing. Although these women do not fit those criteria, they are still some of my best friends because they are goldly women that I can look up to and try and model myself after. They lift me up, they make me laugh, they encourage me. That is what I need to be looking for in a friend.

Plus, they introduce me to new movies like Labyrinth, which is possibly the greatest thing ever.