Smelly Couch Memories.


My parents threw away the couch in my treehouse.
I gave them permission to do it.
I guess I didn't really think about it,
until I saw it in the driveway.
I knew I had to take a picture because this was a couch I wanted to remember.
A couch that held many precious memories of mine.
It held many precious memories for both of us.

On the night of May 22, 2007,
I sat here and he sat there.



I had my head on his shoulder and he held my hand.
He looked at me and said,
"Alanah, when people ask you,
I want you to be able to say you are my girlfriend."
That night I became his girlfriend.
While sitting in that couch.
I had no idea how important he would become in my life.


Exactly one week later, we were in the same spot.
Almost.
I sat here and he sat there.


We had been dating for a week and were crazy about each other.
Being around him made me nervous.
We were alone, and I wanted to kiss him.
But, I'm a pansy.
He made up a rhyme and went in to kiss me.
It was bad.
I was awful at it.
He was nice about it though.
That night I had my first kiss.
While sitting in that couch.


We've been through a lot since then.
Coming this far makes me remember the beginning.

0 comments: