I like not having a job. I like that I am free to do the things I want to do. I like the extra time that I can spend knitting a day. I like that I can exercise at any time. I like that I don't have to plan my meals around my work schedule. I like it. But I have realized one thing that I miss from Food4Less. I miss feeling productive. I was the best worker they had. When I went in for my shift, I worked as hard as I could, every day. And I went home feeling like I had done something worthwhile that day. I went home feeling like they would have been twice as busy if I were not there, their fastest checker. I felt like I had spent my energy on something worthwhile. Lately, I have missed that feeling. I spend most of my days doing stuff that is pointless and I am sick of it. I want this summer to be different. I want to find a way to feel productive, every day.

0 comments: