My sincerest thanks...

In January '09, Bethany and I went to a little Italian restaurant in Long Beach. I remember clearly looking around at the paintings on the walls and sighing, saying something like, "I wish I could go to Italy." B looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why can't you?" This prompted a whole discussion about all the reasons I would never be able to take a trip like the ones she had been on. One of them was that none of my friends had enough money to go with me. She raised her hand and said, "If you want to go, I'll go with you." I never thought she was serious.

When we bought our tickets to Italy on Feb. 17, my money was gone. I spent all that I had saved on the ticket. I needed to save at least $1500 to cover the cost of the trip and to pay my insurance in July. I did not have a job. I had no money.

I leave for the airport in 3.5 hours. I am feeling such a mixture of emotions but the one that I feel the most of is gratefulness. I have to give my sincerest thanks to everyone who has helped make this trip possible for me.

Thank you to everyone who donated things to my garage sales.
Thank you to everyone who came to my garage sale, you have no idea how loved I felt.
Thank you to everyone who came to my craft fairs.
Thank you to everyone who prayed for me.
Thank you to everyone who gave me their recycling.
Thank you to everyone who had me house sit, babysit, pet sit, ect.
Thank you to everyone who told their friends about our online store.
Thank you to everyone who purchased things from Emily and I.
Thank you to everyone who encouraged me.

With your help, I have raised $1,790.89. MORE than my goal. All I can say is I have amazing people in my life and God is good. I know without a doubt that this is a trip I am supposed to be on.



Lastly, thank you to everyone who did not think I could pull this off-- you have no idea how stubborn I am.

1 comments:

Tessa said...

Love you sister. Hope you experience amazing things.