Autopilot.

I pride myself on being a pretty good driver.
Since I got into my accident (that was totally my fault) I have grown more cautious.
I always feel the need to be completely aware when I am driving.
Also, with driving a stick shift, it is easier to be aware and not let my mind drift.
So, I always thought I was great because I never went into "autopilot" mode.
Until Monday.
Monday I was supposed to babysit, and instead found myself halfway to school.
I have no idea how it happened!
And then I got a good laugh at myself, thinking I was so much better than the dreaded "autopilot" mode.
Oh boy.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

its so easy to be on autopilot! your car just wanted to take you somewhere other than what was planned! :)

Alanah said...

Shelley, I know! I realize the longer that I drive the easier it is to go on autopilot!