Healthy options.

Losing weight is hard. I have never thought I had much of a sweet tooth until I started trying to lose weight. Then I suddenly wanted everything with sugar in sight. I especially struggle after dinner, when I am sitting at my desk knitting and watching TV. So... this is how I get my fix without the added guilt and calories. I love a hot drink at the end of the day and this one has enough sweetness that I feel like it is a reward.

You will need:
Honey
Lemon Juice
Green Tea
Splenda
& a mug

I usually fill this cup about 3/4 of the way full with water, add a few tablespoons of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey, and a few tablespoons of splenda. Then add the green tea packet and put in the microwave for 2 minutes. Add more splenda and honey if it is not sweet enough (but not too much honey).

The only part of this that has calories is the honey, so don't use too much. Otherwise the drink is completely calorie free and tastes delicious. Let me know if you try it!

1 comments:

lenoracle said...

Great idea! I have also been trying to eat healthy. I've been succeeding for the most part, sweets aren't my weakness, greasy and cheesy stuff and condiments are. UNTIL I quit smoking. Now all I want is milkshakes and ice cream three meals a day for some reason. So weird.

Good to see you're motivated! Keep at it.